psHEALTH is a fast-growing tech startup in Central London. We build powerful software solutions that improve the efficiency of healthcare delivery.
Our customers are providers of healthcare services in the UK who are looking for ways to improve how quickly and accurately they get their patients from referral to treatment.
We are hiring a software engineer to help us meet the challenges of delivering our product at scale to lots of customers.
You’ll be responsible for building features, fixing bugs, designing solutions and making improvements to our product, creating software that is easy to use, reliable and fast. You’ll work on difficult technical challenges which will require creative thinking.
Our technology stack is changing to meet the demands of a growing service. Our platform is currently built on Appian, so you’ll become an expert in this technology. You’ll also work on re-architecting our software and moving it to a new technology stack. You’ll need to develop knowledge of new technologies as we bring them into our stack, and must be willing to learn as you go. You’ll need to find the right tools for the job, and learn how to use them.
A software engineer at psHEALTH is part of a team that includes more than just engineers. You’ll work closely with our product managers and other people across the business to understand how we can deliver the most value to our customers. You’ll need to clearly communicate technical concepts to non-technical team members so that you can work out the best solution together.
Customer focus is vital to making our product excellent. You’ll learn about the customer and how they use our product, and use this knowledge so you think about the product from the customer’s perspective.
We expect our engineers to take initiative and work independently on finding problems and opportunities for improvements. You’ll be someone who cares about quality, and will deliver first-rate code.
- Top academics:
- 1 or higher at degree level in computer science, software engineering or a related discipline
- OR 2.1 or higher at degree level in maths, engineering, physics or chemistry plus strong ability in software engineering that you can demonstrate with projects or internships
- A-level in maths, physics or computing
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate technical information to non-technical people
- Great at working in teams
- Attention to detail
- Methodical approach to work
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills: able to think through problems, break them down and come up with an approach for completing complex and difficult tasks
- Ability to take the initiative
- Desire to learn new skills
- Curious about technology
- Able to think about the big picture as well as looking at the details
- Knowledge of databases and querying languages like SQL
What you’ll get
Besides salary, we also offer:
- Wellness budget to spend on gym membership, workout classes, meditation apps or anything else that improves your well-being!
- A fun team and lots of autonomy
To apply, please send a:
- Covering note
- your CV
- and let us know where you heard about this vacancy