Your chance to sell the most effective remote patient-centric software solution on the market & join a start-up culture with big ambitions
1 The Opportunity
Are you looking for an exciting and rewarding career in health-tech sales? We are a fast-growing software company servicing NHS organisations and some private healthcare providers.
We recently (1 Jan 2021) acquired Florence from an NHS/private partnership consortium, Simple UK, and we are now investing hard in product development, sales & marketing to accelerate the growth.
Florence is ‘Digital Health with a Human Touch’: The patient engages with Florence (or Flo for short) – a friendly, human-like, well-informed ‘clinician’ – that communicates with them via SMS text messaging. The clinical team engage with the back-end software where patient protocols can be tailored and dashboards provide real-time data on patients.
The outcomes are spectacular! Given Florence’s NHS heritage and clinical focus, a large number of clinically validated studies exist. Flo has, for example, been proven to reduce hospital re-admissions for heart failure patients by 66%. She (we think about her as a person), has also helped cancer patients improve their mental health, showing an over 50% improvement. Equally clinicians love Florence, with many studies suggesting a 100% of clinicians feel Flo improves their jobs.
We currently have ca 40 NHS customers. What we want to do now is double that number in 18 months. Our plan to do that involves a significant revamping of our marketing and the hiring of the first salesperson ever!
For more details on Florence, please see: https://www.getflorence.co.uk/ and http://www.simple.uk.net/home/news/newscontent/covid-virtual-ward-with-florence-enabling-safe-recovery-at-home
2 Role Description
As our Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for closing new business. For lead generation, you will be supported by our marketing team and you will get pre-sales support (demos & domain experts) from the rest of the team.
- Lead generation
- Working with marketing to help design campaigns and sales collateral
- Support outbound campaigns
- Attend events and network to source leads
- We are not expecting any significant cold-calling
- Running the sales process and managing the pipeline
- Deliver sales presentations in person and online to stakeholders – ranging from Clinical Team Leaders to GPs and senior directors in NHS organisations
- Deliver demos with support from Pre-Sales
- Active management of sales pipeline to deal closing and go-live (from deal closing you will work with the Onboarding and Customer Success team to get the customer live)
- Achieving set sales’ budgets and other OKRs (Objectives & Key Results)
3 Experience & Approach
We believe the successful candidate:
- Must have sold to NHS organisations; it does not have to be software but should be relatively complex solutions or services with multiple stakeholders.
- Will have a minimum of 4 years of experience selling/being quota carrying; you need to enjoy hunting!
- Has sold solutions with average contract value (year 1) of £5,000 to £15,000.
- Has excellent communication, relationship-building and interpersonal skills – online and in person.
- Willingness to travel in the UK, but we expect most work will be done from home.
- Be very focussed on personal development and learning – we are obsessed about that 😉
4 Location and Compensation
- Location: UK home-based, travel to London/Stoke on Trent at least monthly
- Salary: Year 1 Base £50,000/OTE £70,000, Year 2 OTE £90,000
- Share Options: After 12 months of service, participation in our Employee Share Ownership Program
- Perks: Company pension, free gym, good office parties and great colleagues
5 To Apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a covering note explaining why you feel you'd be ideal for this position.