Brighton and Hove Integrated Care Service (BICS) is an NHS organisation that improves patient experiences by working innovatively and collaboratively with GPs, clinicians and other health partners. The organisation has pioneered Referral Management based on peer review and education. This work has led to better care for patients and delivered substantial cost savings.
The team from BICS has won a number of awards, including Excellence in Healthcare Business Intelligence 2013 hosted by the journal ehealth Insider. The judges found BICS’s IT solutions to be the winner in helping staff make better decisions for patients.
- Manual re-keying of referrals
- Manual triage routing
- Manual booking into multiple systems for treatment
- psHEALTH referral & case management solution deployed
- Sophisticated end-to-end integration
- Automatic referral routing based on clinical rules
- Dramatic reduction in staffing required
- Shorting of cycle time (end-to-end)
- Automation improving MI and reducing errors